[Gllug] OT:Hardware

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Mon Nov 18 13:26:50 UTC 2002

Andy McGarty wrote:

>But as you are up in town a wander down Tottenham Court Road with a pocket
>of cash and a willingness to haggle (and walk away) CAN reap rewards.

And occasionally pain.  I picked up an HP scanner (fancy, with paper
feeding), that was only retailed in the US.  When the unit turned out to
be faulty, the store owner didn't want to follow HP's standard "dealer
will swap for working" policy.  (He was riding on a US dealership,
shipping equipment over.) I eventually had a very loud discussion in
front of an entire store of customers before swap the scanner.

Alan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk