[Gllug] Recommend ADSL router?

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Fri Nov 15 00:20:55 UTC 2002

> I have 3 machines (Mandrake, FreeBSD, XP) on a 5-port hub and have just
> signed-up for Home500 ADSL with PlusNet. The machines are on
> 192.168.1.0/24 which I want to retain by using NAT on the router.
>
> Can anyone recommend a lower-price-range ADSL router with built-in modem
> suitable for this setup?
>
> Garry Heaton

I've installed a couple of the conexant modem/routers that Dabs sell for
about £52 with a single USB and ethernet port (great if you are going to put
in your own firewall) or the 4 port for £65.  Both are http configurable and
offer NAT etc if you don't want your own firewall.  And for once they are
both in stock (today anyway!!).

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk