[Gllug] TV out

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 2 00:31:50 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 15:15, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> I was going to go buy a Matrox; however I have just received a response
> back from Matrox (who I emailed at the same time as Gllug).  As a result
> of their response I think I shall go Nvidia :-)

I'm curious as to why you'd go Nvidia - they are *entirely* closed
source. Matrox aren't perfect, but at least it's possible to use most of
the functionality of their products without resorting to binary only
code. It looks to me as though you should be able to use the Matrox
cards without resorting to proprietary drivers, even though the
necessary patches aren't blessed by Matrox.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk