[Gllug] BIOS password on Digital HiNote Ultra CT475 laptop

George Saxby George.Saxby at racc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 12:03:04 UTC 2002

Rich,
 Find the CMOS battery & remove it or find the jumper that re-sets it and 9/10 it will drop the password request.

George F. Saxby
    Systems Engineer
       I.T.S. Team

>>> rich at annexia.org 11/12/02 10:46pm >>>

I managed to get one of these basically for free (given to me
with another laptop which I bought). But it complains about a
corrupt BIOS and needs a password to fix. Does anyone know
what the default password is, or how to reset it? It's a really
cool laptop .... but pretty useless, Linux-wise, at the moment.
Any help much appreciated!

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm