[Gllug] POP Account around the world

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Nov 15 18:48:52 UTC 2002

On 15 Nov 2002, Paul McCourt wrote:

> If she/he is carrying a laptop with him/her for access I think she/he
> probably would be better off either using floppies for transferring data
> and/or a small USB solid memory stick.
>
> There is no point in complicating things and paying outragious money if
> its just email and she can do it in the hotels or cyber café's(Are they
> still called that? :o)).

Clearly the person in question will be roaming on business. As such using
insecure facilities such as those suggested may be a very poor idea.

Very often business communications are time sensitive and confidential.
Having such communications intercepted courtesy of an error at a cyber
cafe or some interfering cache might be a serious problem.

Given that the charges for a global roaming ISP are reclaimable as
business expenses I don't think it is a bad idea to use such a service so
long as confidential communications are properly protected.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk