[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammar report

The Flying Hamster hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Nov 26 14:42:12 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:22:42AM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> Ermm... I was. Weren't you? Do children actually get taught *anything*
> at school these days? Sometimes I wonder...

They don't, as the parent of an 11 year old who's just recently gone
up to secondary school I'm busy kicking the school up the arse to
ensure that they're actually checking basic english and spelling in
english lessons.  If current experience is anything to go by I'm
expecting that the CV's which hit my desk in 10+ years are going to be
instant round filing cabinet material.

    Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/