[Gllug] Fwd: seeking advice (about printer support on GNU/Linux)

Andrew Richardson ahrichardson at clara.net
Tue Nov 19 00:06:09 UTC 2002

The question with printers is not whether Open Office will support a
particular printer but whether Cups or lpr or lpd using ghostscript can
support it.  In other words Open Office can (& usually should) be set to use
the default postscript printing process and ghostscript is handling the
layout.

You could start by visiting www.google.com/linux and entering your printer
models into the search.  Hopefully you will find info on which printing
system can support the devices.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk