[Gllug] [Reminder] Next GLLUG Meeting - 7th December 2002

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Sat Nov 30 10:40:34 UTC 2002

On 29 Nov 2002, Paul Roberts wrote:

> Has anyone ever experimented with setting up wireless net access at
> one of the meetings? What is the postcode of the venue? It might be
> near a Consume node.

Sorry to be agressive, but that is just such a BAD idea.
GLLUG meetings function best when there is limited or no bandwidth.
In my experience, when you have wireless access you will then
have lots of people in the audience tapping away.
Sure, wireless is GOOD ata conference - which goes on for a day or two.

Now, having said that, if you have something interesting to show off -
maybe a live link into Consume, or an antenna, or some media streaming
software running over wireless (like at the last Consume) then yes,
that would be well worth doing.

So me, I woud vote no for general web/email access on wireless,
yes to a demo of something new.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk