[Gllug] Linuxemporium - Pink Tie

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Fri Nov 22 13:59:33 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 16:20, Alain Williams wrote:
> > Personally I think that the shift in senior management focus at Red Hat is
> > indicative of a move towards a less Free Red Hat over the coming couple of
> > years. That is a natural result of their being a listed company now -
> > theyy are obliged in law to maximise share holder value.
>
> But the shareholders bought the shares *knowing* that all the s/ware
> that it distributed was open source - so I don't think that that applies.

I doubt that releases them from any legal requirements to do what is
required (reasonably) to ensure the maxiumum return on investment to the
shareholders. (IANAL)

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
"High tech <beep> tech <beep> <WHACK!> technology." -- Fox Mulder on Pentium

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk