[Gllug] Anti-virus

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 21:59:55 UTC 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, John Hearns uttered the following:
> The windows can be turned opaque at the flick of a switch - which
> happens when classified codes are being run.

If there's one grammatical error I hate above all others, it's that
one. Code is a mass noun (short for `lines of code'); hence `codes' are
either cryptographic, or warez-d00d speak (and hence grating).

Now maybe you meant crypto there, but I don't *think* so. ;}

--
`The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money.'
                       --- David Richerby

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk