[Gllug] Cheap Linux NIC

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sun Oct 6 20:58:18 UTC 2002

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 08:49:53PM +0100, Adam wrote:
> Don't know about that card as there is no technical info for it (well it seems
> anyway) but the Netgear FA311 is supported under linux and works well and is
> just under a tenner on the site.
>
> The quickfind code for it is 16435

It's supported and works.  IME it doesn't do well under load, especially
full duplex.  I know of at least one person who had a lot of trouble
getting it to play nicely with other NICs on his home network.  But
that's the kind of performance issue you get at that price.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.