[Gllug] [OT] where to buy PC or parts around London or Wimbledon

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Oct 15 23:32:34 UTC 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 04:27:01PM +0100, Andy McGarty wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to help a cousin who lives in Wimbledon to build or buy a PC.
> > where could I go to get good prices. the ideal in fact would be to use
> > online services as I live in Paris and cannot spend too much time in
> > Wimbledon.
> >
> I nearly always use Dabs.  Consistantly good prices and good stock levels.
> Plus you can see if things are in stock before you order.  And on the odd
> occasion I've sent a faulty unit back the service has been good.  They do
> now charge for postage but if you are ordering everything for a PC it hardly
> makes any difference.

I have had some issues with Dabs but I know everyones experiences are
different.

TCR on a saturday have lots of computer fairs were cheap reasonable
quality components can be bought.

www.rlsupplies.co.uk do very cheap but I have found very reliable kit
and systems.  there choice can be limited however.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk