[Gllug] patents

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 15:41:03 UTC 2002

I have just received a note from "Policy Policy" <Policy at patent.gov.uk>
(PDF & Word document for a 1 page note !! )

I don't know if anyone can get there, or if we should send a written presentation - would be better if
someone can deliver it.

Here is the text:

Official responsible:
Robin Webb

Direct line:
01633 814767
Concept House
Fax:
01633 814922
Cardiff Road
E-mail:
robin.webb at patent.gov.uk
Newport
South Wales
NP10 8QQ

Central Enquiry Unit:
08459 500 505
Text Phone:
08459 222 250

http://www.patent.gov.uk

E-NOTICE IPPD/34/2002

Software patents: European Parliament hearing on the patentability of computer-implemented inventions

On 20 February the European Commission published a draft directive on the patentability of computer-implemented inventions
(http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/en/indprop/comp/02-277.htm).  The first stage in the European Parliament's consideration of
the draft is examination by its Legal Affairs Committee.  The committee has scheduled a public hearing for 1500 on 7 November in
Brussels (European Parliament, Altiero Spinelli Building, room ASP 1G3, rue Wiertz. B-1047 Brussels).

We expect the hearing to include a number of short presentations by experts with different perspectives on the issue, followed by a
question and answer session when Tony Howard of the Commission will be among those taking questions.  It will end at 1830.

If you would like to attend the hearing you should e-mail rbray at europarl.eu.int to arrange a security pass.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>