OS X editors (was Re: [Gllug] ADVERT: Free Access to IBM

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Oct 17 14:12:35 UTC 2002

On Thursday, Oct 17, 2002, at 14:46 Europe/London, james at soon.co.uk
wrote:

> Just adding my endorsement to an earlier mention for jEdit

I found it slow to load and sluggish to use. The interface doesn't seem
very "mac-like" and the keyboard shortcuts are (by default, at least)
wrong (in terms of other Mac apps) I've tried to use it, and it just
doesn't "feel" right. I'm tempted to give the new OS X version of
Eclipse a bash, but, with this G3 iBook at least, I think that looking
for an editor written in Java is barking up the wrong tree.

Cheers,

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk