[Gllug] slightly OT - linux consultancy enquiry

Pavel Bradut Boghita bradut at freeuk.com
Thu Oct 24 20:17:21 UTC 2002

> How about the time, and cost of training/maintenance, if the guy(s) are
> not really interested in linux as a platform, may be its better for them
> to stick with something they know.

I told them something about the lines of "it ain't broken don't fix it", so
this is another option they have.
In terms of "platform interest" they weren't interested in windows either,
but it was the only thing those guys knew... those pc's came with windows
preinstalled.
The offices are not that big, 3 or 4 pc's per location I believe. In my
opinion if initial set-up is done well, there shouldn't be any significant
maintainance cost afterwards, hence the need of an expert to set things up.

Bradut

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk