[Gllug] slightly OT - linux consultancy enquiry

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Oct 24 20:22:34 UTC 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Pavel Bradut Boghita wrote:

> will a day be enough to set him up ? I suspect that he will need help with
> setting up the server, backup, printing and the link with the other office.

Setting up the server and the services can easily be done within a day
based upon the details you've given. The link with their other offices
will depend upon what kind of link and what it is for (ie expectations).

Do remember that nobody will be able to give you an absolute answer on
these questions until they've had a chance to properly spec the
requirements from the client.

Training is another consideration. While the users will certainly be able
to us a KDE/Gnome, OpenOffice.org, etc setup if they have used windows in
the past there are likely to be areas where they will need some training
in order to make best use of their systems.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk