[Gllug] Mac CD-Rs

Paul Roberts sakar at stelo.uklinux.net
Wed Oct 9 21:05:29 UTC 2002

Jonathan Harker <jon at jonathanharker.co.uk> writes:

> Until he sees the light, is there a way I can burn a Mac (HFS, I
> believe...?)  discs in Linux? xcdroast and cdrecord don't seem to
> have the options... are there other tools that will do it? I bet I'm
> missing something simple...

'cdrecord' is a stage too late: that just burns data onto a disc,
regardless of what kind of data it is.

HFS support is at the filesystem level: the most common program for
that is 'mkisofs', which has good support for HFS. This will create a
cd image file, which you should then burn to the cdr using cdrecord.

See the 'HFS Options' sections of the mkisofs man page.

HTH, - Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk