[Gllug] Wiring

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 23:36:32 UTC 2002

On Tue 22 Oct, Sarvis Computers wrote:
> Wondering if you could help me???
>
> Found your email address on the web - I am wiring wallboxes and rj45
> plates.  I have the tools and know how to wire the cat5 but have never
> used a punchdown tool (although we have one) and need some sort of
> diagram or tutorial on it.  I found information on you helping someone
> else on this matter on the internet.  Could you give me a few pointers
> since it sounds like you know what you're talking about.
>

> Samuel Sarvis

First problem:  How to push each wire between the knife edges without
                 damaging the fixture?
Answer:         Use a pusher with a slot in the middle, held straight so
                 that it does not strain the fixings.

Second problem: What to do with the excess wire?
Answer:         Mount a cutter by the pusher.

Cost involved in testing it? A few millimetres of wire.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk