[Gllug] Alternative e-mail client for those poor Windows users

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Oct 17 09:56:34 UTC 2002

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:49:48AM +0100, Ian Norton wrote:
> > I found Mutt amazingly powerful but found browsing folders and periodic
> > mail organising to be frustrating.
>
> i must admit the whole grabbing a bunch of mail and putting it somewhere else
> isnt great in mutt, but i tend to use procmail for this.

You just need to take some time to learn Mutt's pattern modifiers.
There are a range of commands that can act on a specified patters
(delete, undelete, tag etc), so that it only takes a few keypresses to
delete all messages in the folder that were sent between 5th July and
14th September and are over 30K, or to tag them and then save them to a
folder.

T is the "tag according to a pattern" command, ; is the tag-prefix (i.e.
the next command operates on all tagged messages) and section 4.2 of the
manual explains patterns very clearly.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk