[Gllug] Help: Can't get Palm to synchronize with Linux PC

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Oct 10 16:46:08 UTC 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 04:59:33PM +0100, Eric Lee wrote:
> I have tested and found that my serial ports are called /dev/ttyS0 and
> /dev/ttyS1.  I have tried every combination of these two, and /dev/pilot
> as well.
>
> But no matter what I do, when I click on Hot Sync, nothing at all
> happens.
>
> Any ideas?

As I recall, the gnome hotsync relies on a (user-space) daemon running
in the background.  That daemon was very prone to dying, requiring me to
continually restart it.  Long time since I used Gnome, mind you.

Try using the pilot-link utilities directly, to see if they are working.
They're command line utilities and the one you want for sync and backup
is pilot-xfer

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk