[Gllug] Mac CD-Rs

Matthew Thompson matt at actuality.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 21:15:06 UTC 2002

> Until he sees the light, is there a way I can burn a Mac (HFS, I
> believe...?)
> discs in Linux? xcdroast and cdrecord don't seem to have the
> options... are
> there other tools that will do it? I bet I'm missing something
> simple...
> Perhaps more generally, does anyone know what CDs Macs (or at least
> MacOS 9)
> will read, eg. UFS, Rock Ridge, Joliet, etc.

I believe that Joliet is supported. Definitely is on Mac OS X - I don't
run Mac OS 9 though. I seem to remember quite happily reading Joliet
disks years ago on Mac OS 8 when I used a Mac to create a dual mode
Joliet/HFS disk for an ISP.

As for MP3 player - can he not use iTunes? It's available for Mac OS 9
still.

If you want to get him using linux try www.yellowdoglinux.com - I think
they have ISOs for download.

M at t :o)