[Gllug] [OT] Who not to order from

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Oct 30 09:53:15 UTC 2002

Some people asked who to order kit from.  Well I can tell you who NOT
to order from.

Last Thursday I tried to order from Dabs but their site was down (BT
problems, it seems) so I ended up ordering from misco.co.uk.  I won't
make that mistake again!

I paid the 8.95 delivery charge which is supposedly "next day".  Now I
ordered on Thursday afternoon, so I'm willing to give them some
slack.  It still hasn't arrived, however.  Turns out their label
"sometimes" misses a line, so it didn't have my flat number.  The flat
number is, however, in my order confirmation.  Duh!

What's more, I ticked all the "don't send me any spam" checkboxed.
This morning I received a spam.

At the very least, they happily cancelled my (still not received)
order and I registered with a disposable email address so the spam
goes straight to bogofilter...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

HTML's a cheap whore. Treating her with respect is possible,
and even preferable, because once upon a time she was a
beautiful and virginal format, but you shouldn't expect too
much of her at this point."

- Mark "Kamikaze" Hughes