[Gllug] decent quality, cheap printer

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Oct 24 11:14:44 UTC 2002

Stig Brautaset writes:

>I don't know how much to expect to pay for a printer, but can probably
>afford something around a £100, maybe a bit more. If there's a major
>leap up in quality if I fork out, say, 50% more, then feel free to
>suggest that.

I can't recommend the Lexmark Optra E310/E312 lasers highly enough.
They're old enough now that you should be able to find one relatively
cheaply. It's a genuine PostScript printer, unlike the E310L/E312L,
which is cheaper, but only does PCL. I think my E310 cost 210 or so
a few years ago.

>I'd prefer a networked printer (but I expect it to be too expensive)
>or a usb one.

<devils_advocate>
You have a Linux box, with a perfectly servicable TCP/IP stack and
print spooler daemon. Why do you need them replicated in your printer?
</devils_advocate>

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk