[Gllug] Alternative e-mail client for those poor Windows users

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Wed Oct 16 21:36:24 UTC 2002

On Oct 16 2002, Mike wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 11:29, John Winters wrote:
> > I'm getting a steady stream of people (mostly friends) coming to me with
> > tales of woe about the latest Outlook worms.  The obvious thing to tell
> > them is to stop using Outlook but they still need to acces their e-mail.
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a good, preferably free (speech) Windows e-mail
> > client?
>
> Netscape 7/Mozilla makes an excellent mail client, and a better brwoser
> then IE these days, IMO. I've persuaded several Windows using
> acquaintances to try it, and they've all liked it thus far. The tabs and
> group bookmarks are a killer feature of the browser that IE can't match,
> and the mail client is very nice, I have 50 users on it at work, with
> few complaints.

Another killer feature is the ability to say "no, damnit! sites are
_not_ allowed to open new/resize/move/raise/lower windows! muhhahahah!"
or so my housemate says anyway. I'm not suggesting anything about his
surfing habits, but _if_ you're prone to one-handed surfing I imagine
that's something you'd want your browser to support... ;)

Don't know anything about the mail client Mozilla offers though.

Stig
--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk