[Gllug] TV out

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Oct 30 16:29:11 UTC 2002

On Wed 30 Oct, Rev Simon Rumble bloviated thus:

> Be aware that Matrox G450 and G550 do NOT do TV-Out under Linux, and
> probably never will.  The Matrox people always go "mumble mumble
> Macrovision" and change the subject.  It's something of a sore point
> with many Matrox owners as the support under Windows is fantastic.

Looks like I'm wrong as of about September this year:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/dan.eriksen/matrox_tvout/

I would still recommend the dxr3 though.  Much better quality
picture.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Isn't it strange that the same people that laugh at gypsy fortune
tellers take economists seriously?