[Gllug] Network maps

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Tue Oct 1 07:34:17 UTC 2002

On Friday 27 September 2002 10:43, you wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 10:22, Adam Bower wrote:
> > Ok another question for the day.
> >
> > Does anybody know of any good network mapping/monitoring tools for
> > linux that are free (as in beer would do at a real stretch) all I
> > have found so far is this http://www.marko.net/cheops/ but it looks
> > as though it is no longer maintained. I am about to give it a go
> > and try and build and install it etc. but any other suggestions
> > would be welcome.

To give you some other options you might want to look at
http://cricket.sourceforge.net we use it here for monitoring our
switches. It is very capable and flexible but a bit of a pain to set
up.

--

| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk