[Gllug] Wide eyed and Innocent new members.

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Mon Oct 21 22:40:14 UTC 2002

On Oct 21 2002, Dennis wrote:
> Clear Day
> >From Dennis of the Harrow Computer Club
> Hi All
> I have written before to the GLLUG in June 02 and received two emails
> direct from Chris Bell and Colin Murphy thank you both for the
> information. I did not reply as we were approaching our summer break
> and I had no dates at that time. I am chairman of the Harrow Computer
> Club and we still wish to find out a little about Linux. We have three
> Computers at the club, one could have Linux installed.
>
> We very much hope one of your members would be willing to come to our
> Club and install Linux and tell us a little about it. We are a self
> help group and the program would be used for education, but I am shore
> some of our members will want to try it at home. We have a date in our
> program for a Linux talk 4th December 02 but this is not set in stone.
> Our club meets 8pm Wednesdays at Bernays Memorial Hall, 25 The
> Broadway, Stanmore, HA7 4DA. approx half mile from the tube. We serve
> tea and bis at 9pm. Please come and see us.

I live in North Wembley, but not very close to that tube I'm afraid. I'm
not an expert installing Linux either. That's one of the "bad" things
about Linux; you only need to install it once, so you get no experience
doing it ;P

If none of the more seasoned Linux types on this list can give a helping
hand, I'll see if I can take some time. Sounds like a good opurtunity to
"spread the gospel".

PS: something for the freesolutions gang perhaps?

Stig
--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk