[Gllug] mounting smbfs

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 17:55:22 UTC 2002

gllug wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestion but I am already using username and password for
>authentication to make the shares I can mount.  the problem is more that
>Samba can't see the C: Share.  with NT I could create different shares and
>assign different access rights and permissions but XP doesn't seem to do
>this at least at GUI admin level.

can you post the output from smbclient -L servername -U username

It will ask you for a password, which when entered will hopefully spew
the shares.

Kind regards
Xander

I put contact lenses in my dog's eyes.  They had little pictures of cats
on them.  Then I took one out and he ran around in circles.
		-- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk