[Gllug] Linux volunteering

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Oct 1 22:28:25 UTC 2002

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:45:58PM +0100, Alex Gonzalez wrote:
> Jim Bailey wrote:

> >>such

> >>and add me in, if someone is going to create such a list
> >>:)
> >>

> >I can supply a mailing list running off reasonable hardware and a non
> >ADSL connection.  If people want me to to set it up let me know what do
> >you want to call it?
> >
> A mailing list not to clutter gllug and start moving things is important.
>
> How about LinuxVolunteering as an option? Any vote? Maybe someday there
> can be a LinuxVolunteering.org
>
> What does non ADSL connection mean? As long as it's permanently on I
> guess it's OK.

It is an E1 line that I am very kindly allowed to squat and support not
for profit projects.  The server is also donated by some other nice
people that I sometimes help with sys admin like stuff.

there is a mail server, web servers databases and a Mailman list server
which I can make available.  though if this takes off people may needs
to find a new home for it if band width starts getting soaked up.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk