[Gllug] Re: [GLUG] How to test if Postfix is working?

Andre Labuschagne andre at linux.origin.co.za
Mon Oct 14 11:15:20 UTC 2002

telnet ip_address smtp
Helo Test
mail from: user at domain.co.za
rcpt to:neil.fryer at 12snap.com (or whatever internal mail address you
want to use)
data
Subject: Test
This is a test to test if the test works
.
quit
The full stop by itself is quite important.

You can also use this to test relaying (try to send an email from a
domain not on your network and to a domain not on your network) and to
send your friends message from the Easter bunny or Santa Claus or
whatever floats your boat.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk