[Gllug] DVDs

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Wed Oct 16 12:43:53 UTC 2002

Hi,

I would like to buy a DVD drive for data and for playing DVDs.  I've heard
that some DVD drives now enforce the region coding in hardware rather than
in software and therefore won't allow you to play DVDs for a different
region.  Does anyone no any more about this, is this true?  If so then can
someone recommend a good DVD drive for linux that does not enforce this.

JD

--
Jonathan Dye, The Automation Partnership(Cambridge) Ltd
Registered Office: York Way, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5WY, UK
mailto:jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk