[Gllug] Which IMAP for Debian?

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 09:22:27 UTC 2002

Robin Smith wrote:

>I want to setup an IMAP based mailbox on my main Debian server.
>Which one should I install?
>
>I will be accessing it locally with evolution and remotely with my
>Zaurus.

On the Zaurus front I have found the IMAP mail client is a huge pain.
 The zaurus when it accesses a pop3 or IMAP box copies all of the mail
into its inbox (imap has the advantage of course that it does not delete
it) - so now you have two copies.  It is very easy to fill all of the
Zaurus' storage space very quickly.

What I now do is run an exim filter and have a separate Zaurus account
that is only 'personal' mail with a limit of 300k.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk