[Gllug] decent quality, cheap printer

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Thu Oct 24 10:52:07 UTC 2002

Hi list (and members thereof ;),

I need a printer, pretty badly, and was wondering if anybody here could
give me advice on one? I don't know anything about them, unfortunately.

I don't have much room or money, lest I'd go for a b/w laser printer
since I more or less only need to print text. I mostly print postscript
documents, so if it supported that it'd be great, but I don't expect it
at the price I can afford to pay. It'd have to print text at good
quality though.

I don't know how much to expect to pay for a printer, but can probably
afford something around a £100, maybe a bit more. If there's a major
leap up in quality if I fork out, say, 50% more, then feel free to
suggest that.

I'd prefer a networked printer (but I expect it to be too expensive) or
a usb one. Parallel port can do in a pinch, but it's for a laptop, so
anything that needs to be connected at boot time is a no no. Oh, and I
run Linux exclusively here, so it has to work flawlessly with Linux.

Stig
--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk