[Gllug] Alternative e-mail client for those poor Windows users

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 16 23:49:33 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 23:48, Sean Burlington wrote:

> I've tried a bunch of different mail clients (linux ones) and am
> happiest with mozilla
>
> Mike - if you have any pointer for hacking the prefs they would be much
> appreciated - I'd particularly like to get rid of the alert that happens
> every time mozilla fails to connect (I usually leave my machine up and
> popping/filtering/forwarding but once I get an alert it stops till I
> come home and click OK)

There's some inspired guesswork involved :-).

Have a look at http://www.hmetzger.de/net6e.html, which is a good
starting point. A lot of tips and tricks are itenised there. For stuff
that isn't, you'll have to make educated guesses. In the URL bar, type
"about:config", and Moz will display a list of all the settable
preferences. Modify them as you choose in your user.js file, and restart
to see the changes.

FWIW, my user.js is:-

user_pref("dom.disable_open_during_load", true);
user_pref("dom.disable_open_click_delay", 1000);
user_pref("font.FreeType2.enable", true);
user_pref("font.directory.truetype.1",
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType");
user_pref("mail.html_compose", false);
user_pref("mail.identity.default.compose_html", false);
user_pref("mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support", true);
user_pref("mailnews.send_plaintext_flowed", false);
user_pref("mailnews.fakeaccount.show", false);
user_pref("mail.display_struct", true);
user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);
user_pref("view_source.wrap_long_lines", true);

HTH,

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk