[Gllug] Linux Install Fest - 2nd November

Steve Cobrin cobrin at highbury.net
Mon Oct 21 16:05:49 UTC 2002

On Monday 21 October 2002 16:45, Eric Lee wrote:
> I have a 2 year old HP Omnibook XE2, currently with Windows 98
> installed.  If I bring it along, and I realize this is a pretty stupid
> question, will someone be willing to help me install Linux on it?  (I'm
> already running Linux on my desktop, but bought it pre-installed from
> DNUK.)

sure, how big a disk is installed? How much is spare?

Try and bring out a listing of the full-spec of the machine, from the
manufacture site, especially any information about network card, modem, any
pcmcia cards, graphics processor, etc.

Try running Belarc Windows PC Audit tool
(http://www.bararc.com/free_download.html) and printing off the output.

Any preferences on distribution?

  -- Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk