[Gllug] Linux Install Fest - 2nd November

Eric Lee ericlee at labourstart.org
Mon Oct 21 15:45:36 UTC 2002

I have a 2 year old HP Omnibook XE2, currently with Windows 98
installed.  If I bring it along, and I realize this is a pretty stupid
question, will someone be willing to help me install Linux on it?  (I'm
already running Linux on my desktop, but bought it pre-installed from
DNUK.)

Thanks.

Eric

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 14:42, Zachary Struhs wrote:
> Date: 2nd November
> Time: 12 noon - 5pm
> Place: Westminster University
>
> We will be meeting in the Cavendish Campus of Westminster University, 115 New
> Cavendish Street. This is east of the BT Tower. The nearest tube stations
> are Great Portland Street and Goodge Street.
> map:
> http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=529135&y=181852&z=0&sv=w1m+8js&st=2&tl=Postcode+w1m+8js&pc=w1m+8js&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&sq=3
>
> Bring your boxes. Having problems with installing Linux, or just wanting to
> try another distribution.
>
> Please register at the reception desk. If you decide to bring a pc, please
> have the serial number written down ahead of time. We will also take a
> picture of you and your pc as proof of ownership.
>
> Volunteers are still needed:
> 1. Quick demonstrations of the latest releases: Debian, Mandrake, Redhat,
> Suse, etc.
> 2. A few laptops for the demonstrations. I plan on donating mine for mandrake.
>

> Cheers and lets have fun,
>
> Zachary Struhs
>

> --

Eric Lee
ICT Co-ordinator, Labour and Society International
Full contact details: http://www.labourstart.org/contact.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk