[Gllug] ADVERT: Free Access to IBM Mainframe running Linux

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Oct 15 17:09:43 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002, at 17:51 Europe/London, Thom May wrote:

> fink install mutt ;-)

Possibly a small amount of overkill there. But might end up doing it
anyway. :)

> looks beautiful with lovely truetype enabled terminals doing full alpha
> transparency.
> I really rather like OS X...

It's quite nice. The terminal scrolls at a painful speed, and I'm still
looking for a native text editor which is any good (other than
emacs/vi) Ideally, something which does syntax highlighting of perl,
ruby, PHP, XML, C, C++ and java. At least. If it can cope with the mix
of HTML and PHP without choking, and also doesn't mind JSP or velocity
macros, I'd appreciate that.

The java based editors look ugly and are slow behemoths, grazing on
processor cycles that are better used elsewhere. Project builder might
be a hopeful place to look further.

> but it's still non-free, so Debian wins ;-)

That's what's on my other machines :) Just have this lovely iBook, and
it needs to be used.

Cheers,

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk