[Gllug] Computer bomb

John Southern john at sinoda.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 16:02:56 UTC 2002

> > > Aaah, the joys of tabloid journalism...
> > > 	http://www.starterupsteve.com/images/funny/computer_bomb.jpg
>
> Seen that one before.
>
> > "It's not proven, but it's a scientific fact" that computers are
> > dangerous. Tell me, are the insidious hackers going to reach through
> > the screen and grab me? Or are they just going to alter my electrical
> > current? :)

Damn! Beaten to the scoop once again.

Was helping out at a local OAP group last night and they were all convinced
that BT have put cameras in their homes. This came about because one old lady
phoned one of the others and said she could see who she is dialling. Turns
out she has an Amstrad phone which brings up whatever name (that she had
typed in) for quickdial numbers.
Other old dear thought it was a camera and told all the others. Suddenly they
refuse to answer phonecalls without full makeup on. Came away unable to
convince them that BT cannot put cameras in there houses without them
knowing. At this point I gave up trying to fix their Windows PC.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk