[Gllug] Shutdown Stopped

Simon A. Boggis simon at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Sat Oct 19 03:22:46 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 00:53, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> > A feature i'd like to add but i'm not too sure about how to do is to grab
> > the user name of the culprit. I tried getting it from $HOME but this gets
> > changed to '/' when the command is executed due to it changing uid to root
> > (I assume). Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?
> >
> Could you at least get some information from last - it would at least
> tell you who was logged in at the time :-)

secret USB webcam + picture taking script might be required if it is a
casual walk-past three finger salute <:

To do it in true Douglas Adams style you ought to have a sign light up
saying "please do not press this button again" (:

Simon

Dr Simon A. Boggis                                  Systems Programmer
Department of Computer Science,                     Tel. 020 7882 7522
Queen Mary, University of London, London E1 4NS UK.
---- GPG public key <http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~simon/#publickey> ----

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk