[Gllug] Publicly available archives

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Oct 24 10:25:07 UTC 2002

On Thu 24 Oct, Mark Lowes bloviated thus:

> However as ever I personally will follow the majority view in the
> configuration of the list (within reason).

And of course if you're forced to do such a thing, there's nothing
stopping an ordinary subscriber setting up her own archive and making
it publicly available.

Moral of the story: if you don't want it publicly available, don't put
it on a publicly available mailing list.  Treat mailing lists like you
would treat the web.

PS: I suspect if anyone has had spam from gllug, it's more likely to
be from spam harvesters subscribing to the list and grepping out email
addresses.  I've got a few dormant lists and regularly get these.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Women might be able to fake orgasms.