[Gllug] Still wide eyed but lerning for Harrow Comp Club.

Dennis Kersh denniskersh at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 26 15:00:46 UTC 2002

Hi Mark
On the 25 Oct 2002 you rote.

I suggest reading
http://www.annexia.org/text/email-me-faq.html
which has helped me in the past.

BTW you haven't given any further details in response to my
email dated
Wed Oct 23 asking about your 486 machine. For instance the
size of the
hard disk, the amount of ram and whether the cdrom drive is
bootable. See
http://list.ftech.net/pipermail/gllug/2002-October/027752.ht
ml

Regards Mark Preston
___________________________

Thank you Mark I hope this is in plan text. I've changed all
the boxes I can find.
This club computer: I had no details at the time but I can
now tell you it has
1.  486DX 66 KHz. processor.
2. Hard disk 351 Mb. (usable) with 122 Mb free.  M2682 TA
3. 32Mbs RAM
4.Mitsumi CD ROM  FX 410 A  !B. as fare as I can see you can
not boot from CD.
5. BIOS American Megatrends C 07/25/94.
6.  32bit
7. Windows 95 B (0SR 2) Build 4.0.1111.  act.
We could add a hard disk or we could make this a Debian
/Linux only Computer.
If it must boot from CD? I will look at our other Computers.
If this one is rubbish we'll
put it in the bin or something.

Regards
Dennis