[Gllug] Publicly available archives

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Thu Oct 24 11:52:46 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 12:41, Robert McKay wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
[...]
> > And of course if you're forced to do such a thing, there's nothing
> > stopping an ordinary subscriber setting up her own archive and making
> > it publicly available.
[...]
> measures that still fail to stop the spam? I've even considered doing it
> here on gllug anyway just because the official archives aren't google
> indexable thanks to the

I can look into that, it's a default setting from within Mailman so
should be configurable.

[...]
> gllug at theirdomain.com, you could also use a fake address and read via your
> subscription address for more anonymity.

However if I see blatently fake addresses being used which are using
forged domains I will block said posters from the list.  There is no
excuse for using a forged domain, use a sub-domain of your own namespace
if you must, but don't piss in the public pool. (yes, pet rant of mine)

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk