[Gllug] Evolution mail client on Debian

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Thu Oct 31 00:31:20 UTC 2002

Hi.
I've been playing with Evolution for Imap mail and calendaring and it
seems a little rough, so thought I would check on others experiences
before I give up on it.  It has been better than slypheed for me so far
but not quit good enough to commit to yet.  Every now and again it
freezes up on me like tonight when I selected to load the images in a
html message. This appears to be the mail client side of things because
when I kill it Evolution is available again although have to restart it
to get the mail working.  The reminder messages for the calendar don't
seem to work, no sounds are played if selected and the popup message box
freezes only showing the background window (this maybe to do with using
ION window manager).  No spell checker for Debian running under woody.

Is it me, my system, bad luck (I get a lot of this) or Evolution not
quit ready yet?

thanks for sharing your experiences with me.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk