[Gllug] Re: [Gllug]thoughts on mulberry client

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 12:41:34 UTC 2002

On Friday 18 October 2002 12:39 pm, Steve Nicholson wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Dave, much appreciated.
> Have avoided Evolution so far since it seems a bit like bloatware like
> Outlook and only recently reached V1.  I waste enough time investigating
> software and really try to avoid anything that isn't stable.  Once I've
> finished my current project I'll put a little time into playing with
> Evolution and Mulberry as I want to make the commitment to move away from
> Outlook sooner rather than latter.

I have been using Evolution for 6 months or so and the initial 1.0 release was
a bit flaky, but I am now on 1.08 (amd before that 1.05) and I haven't had it
crash in a few months or so now. And I use it for some fairly heavy-duty
email adminning (ie shifting 5 or 6000 emails around from one IMAP folder to
another) and it hasn't barfed it once.

> Does Evolution make it simple to have your from address automatically set
> depending on who the email was originally addressed to? e.g. I have a
> message come in to sales at cyclery.com when I reply I want my sending address
> to be sales at cyclery.com or steve at cyclery.com not steve at kiwibum.com or
> whatever account it actually comes in on.  I have a lot of different hats
> and find it frustrating/time consuming to have to select the correct one
> each time I send a message and set up an account for each one I want to
> send from.  I also often select the wrong address:).

If you are replying to an email in one IMAP account, it will choose the reply
address appropriate for the account you are in. I can have work IMAP and
personal IMAP both open and it will work appropriately.
But I don't know what happens if you have them all coming in on one account.
Probably not.
Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk