[Gllug] Starting on Linux

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri Oct 18 08:35:42 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 00:46, Chris Stone wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking of starting to use Linux and I am a home user. Which
> Linux distribution would you recommend please, and where could I buy a
> PC with the relevant software installed?
Chris, there are many companies which will sell you a PC with Linux
installed.
I guess GND in Docklands and DNUK also.
We deal with a company called SEIL in Scotland
http://www.gnd.co.uk
http://www.dnuk.co.uk
http://www.seil.demon.co.uk/start/start.htm

But you could probably learn a lot from getting the parts for a
system at the Tottenham Court Road computer fairs - lots of
volunteers from the list will help you here!

Or get a system from Morgans http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk
and install Linux on it.

But most of all, come along to the next GLLUG!

--
John Hearns <john.hearns at cern.ch>
CERN

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk