[Gllug] Knoppix questions

Daniel Clusells dclusells at yahoo.es
Sun Sep 29 18:45:51 UTC 2002

Hi all

If my memory doesn't fail me:

>  - what is the root password
No idea but you are as a user only for the initial
XWindow. If you go to another terminal is root, and if
you leave XWindow and restart it again you'll be as a
root.
>  - where does it store its configuration if you
> change anything. Can you opt
> to store /etc (or part of /etc) on a hard disk
> partition
It's quite easy to change any configuration. You just
need to delete the link to the original in the CD,
copy the original and modify it.
>  - does it include any hard disk diagnostic tool (I
> have another machine
> that I am having trouble installing linux on and I
> suspect the disk is
> duff).
Unfortunatelly I still haven't had so much time to
update my Linux skill.

Sorry, not so much information.

Regards.

Yahoo! Messenger