[Gllug] Highlighting new mail in pine

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Wed Sep 11 14:48:19 UTC 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Tethys wrote:

> I've been asked a question about pine, and not being a pine user
> myself, I thought I'd ask here, 'coz I know others are.
>
> Apparently in pine, incoming mail can be automatically sorted into
> folders (not sure if this would be done internally in pine, or via
> procmail or similar). When looking at the folder list, is there a way
> of getting it to highlight those folders that contain unread mail?

Sort of, and better using a patch.

You can do a select in the folder list screen on all mailboxes which have
new mail, but it's not a nice way of doing it.

http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/info/incoming.html is a patch
which will automate things, and give you a message to tell you when mail
arrives in folders other than the current one.  There are lots of other cool
pine patches at that site too.

> TIA,
>
> Tet

Cheers