[Gllug] rxvt setting default for -sl

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Sep 13 14:09:17 UTC 2002

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 02:50:48PM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> >> And you try and tell young people today and they just WONT beleive you :-)
> >
> >"There were 25 of us, huddled round t'processor. We used to _dream_ of
> >running at MHz speeds"
>
> You may laugh, but I can indeed remember 40 users on a 4.1BSD system
> running on an HLH Orion with an AMD2900 at barely MHz speeds...

Indeed. I remember when I had 15 users all sitting happily on a P75
(which I know isn't in the same league) How things change. Now I just
have 10 users sitting on a server and using Java. Hey presto! Similar
levels of performance.

Cheers,

Simon

--
`"This code is gross!"  meaning "This code has over 144 compilation errors."'
                                     --- Correct use of English, from jer

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk