[Gllug] rxvt setting default for -sl

John Winters john at linuxemporium.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 14:15:45 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 15:09, Simon Stewart wrote:

> > >"There were 25 of us, huddled round t'processor. We used to _dream_ of
> > >running at MHz speeds"
> >
> > You may laugh, but I can indeed remember 40 users on a 4.1BSD system
> > running on an HLH Orion with an AMD2900 at barely MHz speeds...
>
> Indeed. I remember when I had 15 users all sitting happily on a P75
> (which I know isn't in the same league) How things change. Now I just
> have 10 users sitting on a server and using Java. Hey presto! Similar
> levels of performance.

Am I allowed to mention 750 users with 8M of RAM?  (and a CPU with 1 x
32 bit register, 3 x 16 bit registers and a process space consisting of
4 segments, each of up to 16K).

John

--
The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux CDs in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

Evolution is now exciting.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk