[Gllug] Fonts in Debian

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 1 13:02:24 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm running a Debian system (tracking testing), and the fonts have gone
to hell for no obvious reason. Couple of days ago. they were fine, but
now the system fonts have become horrible bitmapped things.

Affected apps are gdm, Evolution (folder listing, not message contents),
Mozilla (menus), Eterm (menus, not contents) and Pan (menus, not
contents). I've not deliberately chaged anything, so I'm not sure what
has caused this, but all the affected fonts seem to be "system" stuff.
My XF86Config hasn't changed, and to add insult to injury, my Eterms now
cash every time I hit Control-D (the shell exits fine, the Eterm
doesn't).

Any ideas where to look.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk